Monday, May 2, 2011

Mission: Scrapbook every day in May

May is National Scrapbooking Month!

I'm giving myself a personal challenge to do something scrapbook related every day in May.  I used to think that scrapbooking was all about sticking photos to paper (still is a pretty good working definition :D ), but Stacy Julian's Photo Freedom turned the tables on all that.  Scrapbooking is all the things we do that result in a memory being preserved.  Taking photos, editing photos, organizing supplies, designing and making pages, presenting them online and in your house and making other memory items are all part of what is important to me about scrapbooking - having fun and capturing stories and moments.

So, Sunday I took some pictures and a couple of short movies.

Bob, Deuce and I went to the beach near our house for kite flying day.  Luckily the event was free and the kite was $1 and bought 2 years ago, so I wasn't disappointed when he just dug in the sand the whole time.  Bob and I flew the kite and my brother, visiting from out of town, stopped by and played with Deuce on the playground.

The light was weird.  It was overcast and everything was moving, so I don't feel like I got any good shots.  But here are a couple of Deuce and Uncle Andy that are workable.

A little kid on a big slide

A big kid on a little slide

One of my goals is to dust off Photoshop Elements.  These photos seem like good candidates for some fixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment