Monday, May 30, 2011

Mission: Stop and Smell the Accomplishments

I really took my own advice this Memorial Day weekend and had some down time.  After work Friday I went out in the rain to the garden store to buy plants so I would be ready for Saturday. 

Saturday was super-accomplished with planting, took Deuce to "Kung Fu Panda" and had dinner with the neighbors. 

Sunday things came a halt for me.  Bob was working on the gate for our fence and I just hung out with Deuce and our neighbor's mom while he played with the neighbor.  We had a home cooked meal, vegged together for a while and after Deuce went to bed we sat and chatted under the stars.

Today was slow in the morning, then I went shopping!  That was good and bad.  Good because I got myself some summer clothes for work and casual that I was desperately needing.  Bad b/c I had a whole route and a bunch of stops planned which didn't happen b/c I left my debit card at home accidentally.  I was really annoyed with myself.  But, in the spirit of taking things in stride, I came home and got the card, did what I absolutely had to do and came home to enjoy the rest of the day.

I find myself thinking I could have done a lot more.  It's back to the grind tomorrow, so for now my mission is to stay relaxed!

No comments:

Post a Comment