Saturday, March 12, 2011

I love paper

Day 2 of scrapbooking, and I'm back!

After doing literally one blank gift book and one page last night in the space of about 5 hours, I'm rolling at a much better pace today.  The surroundings are definitely helping.

I love that every time I finish a page, half a dozen people around me ooh and ah without being asked.  Any tool - someone has it.  Deciding between two papers/colors/approaches - someone has the answer.  Need inspiration - pages, books, magazines are everywhere.

I don't want to make it sound like I discovered the concept of a retreat.  People have been getting together in groups to participate in common interest since the nudist colonies.  But I have not wanted to go for a couple of reasons.

One is that I am a home body, and miss home deeply minutes after I leave the driveway, sometimes to the point of actual regret that I left.  Issuey, I know. 

Secondly, I'm not the most confident person and it's hard for me to go into a social situation where everyone else is there with friends and I'm alone.  I know about a third of the people there, but some of these ladies are here with childhood friends, neighbors...  I'm the only person here as a single.  I'm sharing a room with two really nice people, and sitting at a table with another group of two.  I got a couple hugs when I came. 

Between having fun socially and being productive, I'm really glad I came. 

No comments:

Post a Comment