Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Random Weeknight Entertaining

Whatcha doin'?  Anything fun?

Yeah, tonight we're having friends over for dinner!

Weeknight entertaining is not for the faint of heart, but a simple menu, some shortcuts, and dividing up the work by grilling the entree and asking the guests to bring dessert makes it totally doable! 

We're having
  • Garlic herb cheese spread on baguette rounds
  • Salad
  • Steak on the grill (hot dogs for the kids, but Deuce will no doubt eat 1/4 of my steak)
  • Lemon Spaghetti
  • Steamed asparagus
  • Booze
  • and our guests are bringing dessert (I'm really pulling for cheesecake from Cheesy Eddie's)
I bought the cheese spread, because it's a weekday so I take shortcuts.  But I have made it at home and it's super easy.

1 pkg Good Seasons Garlic Herb dressing mix
1 C sour cream
1 C mayonaise
2 C shredded cheese

Mix it, spread it on baguette slices, and broil until bubbly.  Or, if it's a weeknight and you bought it pre-made anyhow, mix it up in an oven-safe baking dish until bubbly and serve with crostini or crackers.

Looking forward to a fun night in!

2 comments:

  1. So, when are you coming to my house to cook?? Gah, that sounds so good right now :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMMMMMM, that Lemon Spaghetti sounds really good. I'm going to have to try it and also the spread. Yum!

    ReplyDelete